Viewing post categorized under: Company Updates
May marks a few special milestones for LEI. 1) An anniversary, 2) A Birthday, and 3)Mental Health Awareness Month. This time 2 years ago, LEI had ZERO digital infrastructure or presence and due to a number of circumstance, I felt it was necessary to take my business entirely digital (little did I know how purposeful that would be). I researched, hustled, and pivoted until I felt I had a workable product I could release to the world. Launch day was 5 days before lock down.
Since then, LEI hit a major growth spirt. We have struggled to keep up with demand and have expanded, downsized, super-sized, and now we are the perfect size. If tired was company at the end of 2020, it would be us. We recognize that with growth comes consequence, and too often that consequence is one’s wellbeing. We are 12 years old now and have learned a lot of lessons along the way about the gift of breaks, reinvention, and uplifting others. We are challenging ourselves, and also encouraging you, to celebrate the close of Q2, by committing to working even smarter, and setting a healthy pace, with the following:
- Create focus around 1 singular strategy or goal quarterly.
- Lean on our community more. I’ve learned to get out of my own way and welcome the help of others. There’s no need to always be the hero and let burnout set in. We are your partners. Our network of strategic relationships is large and support is always close by.
- Create space of unavailability. Don’t have “office hours”? Consider how you might create some. Here are ours.
- Take your time, but don’t waste your time. This has become our new corporate mantra. We want to be excellent at everything we do, right?! Our promise to you is no rush jobs. We are checking our work more thoroughly than ever and always determining best practices in improving our efficiency while doing so. How can you incorporate this in your management practices?
- If it doesn’t add value, let it go. LEI has and is continuing to let a lot of things go. Services we offer that don’t work, as well as protocols. Check out our latest policy upgrades here.
- Never fail to give thanks and honor for what you have. Productivity culture will always lead you to believe “more is more.” Take it from the experts, that is a lie from the pits of hell. You’ll never be satisfied or fulfilled that way, only existing to make the next sale, or hit the next mark. Community and wellbeing has statistically been proven to always be the answer. Taking care of yourself and your team, with the simplest and invaluable things, will always yield you more over time. We promise.
The close of Q2 is a time of celebration and rest. So do so. Take care of yourself. We will. Our rapid growth over this past year has been both exciting and terrifying, but has taught us how necessary this step is for long-term success. We’re so grateful to be here with you!